VEGAN BANANA CRUMB MUFFINS
- 2 flax eggs
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 agave nectar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (such as Earth Balance) or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped (optional)
**For Crumb topping I used ‘KIND Granola, Vanilla Blueberry Clusters w/ Flax Seeds – Granola‘**
(It is seriously my FAV granola right now. So crunchy and delish! Don’t walk, RUN and go get you some! )
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a standard size muffin tin (will make 10-12 muffins)
- Prepare flax egg in a large mixing bowl. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Add banana and mash, leaving just a bit of texture.
- Add agave, baking soda, salt and whisk for one minute.
- Stir in vanilla, melted butter and mix.
- Add flour and oats and stir with a spoon or spatula until just combined. Lastly, fold in almonds (optional).
- Divide batter evenly among 10-11 muffin tins, filling a generous 3/4 full (I fill mine practically full for aesthetic effect).
- Generously top muffins with ‘KIND Granola, Vanilla Blueberry Clusters w/ Flax Seeds- Granola’
- Bake for 17-22 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes, remove from muffin tin and serve warm. Once completely cooled, store in a covered container at room temp for several days. Freeze for longer term storage.